Enjoy a refreshing smoothie bowl this summer with Erba's 5-Ingredient recipe. Mango season runs from May to September, so the summer is the most ideal time to enjoy this refreshing smoothie bowl. Not only is it revitalizing, but also with Erba's Glow + Flow in it, you also get a collagen boost to hydrate & nourish the health of your health, skin & nails.
We love this during the summer because it's like a bowl of creamy golden flavor that’s ready to cool you down with each spoonful! Made with only 5 ingredients and ready in just minutes.
- Frozen mango: make sure to use frozen mango that is good quality and flavourful. Sometimes pre-packaged frozen mango can be a bit bland. We like to make homemade frozen mangos.
- Frozen tropical fruit: this is optional, but just gives a little more dimension of flavour. We like to use a little banana and pineapple. You can also just use more mango here.
- Almond milk: you can use any type of plant-based milk or some juice like orange, apple or pineapple juice.
- Almond butter: another optional ingredient, but adds creaminess and richness to the smoothie bowl.
- 1 sachet of Erba's Glow + Flow
Smoothie bowl topping ideas
There are so many different ways you can top off your smoothie bowl. The possibilities are really endless and we encourage you to get creative with your smoothie toppings! Here are some of our favourite's to get you started:
Benefits of adding almond butter to a smoothie bowl
We all know that almond butter (and other nut butter) are filled with healthy fats and is good for you. But why add this ingredient to a smoothie bowl? There are a few reasons.
- It adds creaminess and richness to the smoothie bowl.
- Adding a source of fat to a smoothie bowl will help keep you more full and satiated than just using fruit. This is because, if you use only fruit, you can end up with a “sugar rush” followed by a “sugar crash.” Adding almond butter will prevent this from happening.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender or food processor. If using a blender, use the tamper (the black stick that can be placed in the center of the blender) and push the frozen fruit into the blades to help it blend. Otherwise, you can pause the blender and scrape down the edges every few seconds. Start with 1/4 cup of almond milk and add more as needed.
- Scoop into a bowl and add your toppings of choice.
- Use good quality mango. The smoothie bowl will only taste as good as the fruit you use! If you use frozen mango that is bland, you’ll end up with a bland smoothie bowl.
- Don’t add too much liquid. While it may be tempting to add more liquid to the blender to help everything blend together, but if you add too much you can end up with a very liquid smoothie. Always start with a little liquid and slowly add a little more until you have the texture you want.